Spring

Spring

Friday, July 4, 2014

So I did it again...I let A LOT of time pass before I updated the blog! Seems time management is not my niche lately so I apologize. As always, things are less than chaotic and frazzling in our home. You never realize it in the moment, but always days, weeks or even months later. Reminds me of a quote I recently saw by C.S. Lewis - "Isn't it funny how day by day nothing changes, but when you look back, everything is different..." How true is that?

We all get caught up with life and all of it's in-betweens; so much so that I bet when we do look back on things, we wish we did things very differently. I know I have a lot of regret or "coulda-shoulda-woulda-done differently" situations, which is never a good thing to carry on your shoulders. One instance is when my best friend Gina died in a car accident almost 13 years ago. The last time I spoke to her, I fibbed to her telling her I was "busy" and had to go all for my own selfish reasons. I never heard her voice again.

It is that very regret - just like when a person is harboring anger or choosing to not forgive someone - those negative things in your life will just make YOU feel like the prisoner. We need to stop being "too busy" and start being "more thankful" for those things that are in front of us today, including people. Everyone and everything in our life is not deserved to us and is a blessing, but as we all know, some blessings will be taken away from us, especially if we are not humbled for them. There is always a pattern and I am sure we can all name many things, whether material possessions or people, that were taken away from us - those things simply start out as a blessing in our lives; then we get so content with our life that we take those so-called blessings for granted; end result = removal from our lives. But it is the things we take for granted that someone else is praying for - be thankful you are not holding the hand of a loved one as they take their last breath; rushing to the scene of an automobile accident to see if it is indeed your loved one; finding your next meal in the bottom of someone else's trashcan, etc.  I hope whoever is reading this, has a reason to smile today :-) I know I do!

Okay, enough of "Jennifer's Jargon," (thanks to my friend Davia for that one, haha!)...On to the big hodgepodge of pictures below showing what has been going on in our lives. We experienced Holy Land in Orlando with church; Justin, Anthony and Scott - the Warriors - at a men's conference in Jacksonville; our mini-vacation; end of year awards; birthdays, etc. Enjoy and Happy 4th of July to everyone. I promise to update again around McKynsie's birthday! Wishing you lots of love, happiness and smiles through the miles, from our family to yours!!! xoxoxoxoxo

Surprise Bday/Father's Day luau party for Grandma and Grandpa!











I think she liked it, haha!





Scattergories with this group = lots of tissues and laughter


Justin's photography skills - Capturing Madison's reflection in window

She wants to be an artist like Great Grandpa!
Mother's Day 2014









Kisses for Mommy through the screen!


Skip It! Skip It!



One of her MANY faces!

Hairbow Holder I made for a friend's daughter's 1st Bday

Madison caught a fish!



Happy 12th Birthday Anthony!



This guy keeps showing up at family functions. Who is he?! Haha!


Holy Land - April 2014








The gang from Church at Holy Land

Cooking in the kitchen!

Let It Go...Let It Gooooo!

Happy Birthday Justin!

Our hallway board - motivation for the kids

Mother's Day board from Justin and the kids

Ready for school awards!

Strong end to 1st grade!

She works out!


Can't take this woman anywhere! Always has to play around...

One night, started with Madison sick...

...followed by McKynsie...

...and then Anthony. Isn't he all cute with a Dora pillow and Minnie blanket? Haha


Heading to church


Justin was fishing so I made friends with the cows on our mini-vacay



Practicing her typing like Mommy!

Justin's doing...rabbit stew. He even cut the carrots!

R&R - so serene, peaceful and much needed!



Fishing

He got one in the River!



He even showed up on our mini-vacay!

Happy Father's Day ~2014





Our Welcome Summer Board!

McKynsie is teaching Uncle Scott how to play games (Tampa-June)

The Warriors! Jacksonville - Promise Keepers Conference May 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment