Spring

Spring

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy 2013!



Happy New Year to everyone! It is very hard to believe that 2012 has come and gone so quickly. It was a year full of many ups and downs for many of us, but somehow, someway we all pulled through and made it to 2013! Whether we choose to see/believe it or not, we are all beyond blessed to be entering into a new year. I have much to be thankful for—I am alive, have 3 beautiful, healthy children, a great husband and a family that although may not be perfect, at the end of the day, we would all do anything for one another. I may not live the perfect life, but its perfect enough for me, so I will continue to count my blessings.

I am not beating myself up over a “resolution” this year. As we all know, those are usually over before they ever begin! I just promise to make myself better—a better wife, mom, daughter, granddaughter, sister, friend…I have what seems to be such a hectic lifestyle because of not only being a stay at home mom, but a work at home mom also. I seem to always be working or catching up on housework that I never really stop and appreciate what life has to offer, especially those people in it. I need to keep in touch with everyone more. If it cannot be in person due to distance, then it will be by a simple phone call. Too often we really take people in our lives for granted. It is said all the time, but if you really stop and think about it, we truly do. I don’t want my life to be full of “what if’s” especially when I am the one in control. We say we will call/visit them next week or the week after. That week is not promised to any of us. So if I can work on one major thing this year, it is to manage my time a little better and stick to my promises and keep in touch with everyone more.

Well, I hope you have an amazing 2013 full of lots of happiness and all the things in life that truly matter. Take time to make this year count. No matter how bad things may seem at times, they can always be worse. If you are alive and breathing, count your blessings; if you are surrounded by people that truly care about you, count your blessings; if you are provided with life’s necessities, although it might not be easy to always acquire, count your blessings. Some do not have it so easy. As the song goes, “Life ain’t always beautiful, but it’s a beautiful ride…” So let’s make 2013 a year full of health, love and happiness, but most of all…let’s make 2013 a beautiful ride. Love to you all! xoxoxoxoxo

My cupcakes that look like a mug of hot cocoa!
                                     
What our Elf on the Shelf, Jingle Belle, did one night...played Scrabble!

























No comments:

Post a Comment