Spring

Spring

Tuesday, May 21, 2013

"May" We Count our MANY Blessings!!!

Hi guys! Proud mommy bragging time! We are closing out on a wonderful school year in just 2 more days. Anthony had his 5th grade graduation last night, and Madison had her Kindergarten graduation this morning. I am beyond proud of all that they have accomplished--Madison in just this past year, and Anthony all through elementary school. You always wonder what you are doing wrong as a parent each and every time you want to just rip your hair out or scream into a pillow. You think you are failing and wonder how you can change things, or at least that is how I feel more times than not, especially with 3 kids!

Between last night and this morning I have realized that we must be doing something right. When our kids go out and are not at home with us, the place that they feel secure and know how to push buttons just right, they are respectful and know right from wrong. They truly do always strive to do their best and that was proven at both awards ceremonies. I could not be more proud of my children and how they did in school this year. Here is how well they did:

Madison:  She got a Reading Award; an Advanced Reader Award; Music Award and her Kindergarten Completion Award. I am so proud of her. She is almost reading on a 2nd grade reading level in Kindergarten! She started back in August and could not read or even get all of her ABC's recognized correctly. This is a HUGE accomplishment for her! She loves to read, and that AR award is one that Anthony sure set the bar high for with all of his awards in that arena every single year. But Madison is following right in his footsteps, all on her own. She has done outstanding this year, and we are very proud of her!

Anthony: He walked out of the auditorium with 6 certificates, 3 medals, 1 ribbon and 1 pin! His friends were joking with him to just keep standing and not sit down. He got awards for: Certificate of Achievement in Social Studies; Safety Patrol "Captain" for Outstanding Service; Award for Reading OVER 1 MILLION words; Award for Earning more than 100 Advanced Reader Points for the year; Science Fair Certificate of Citizenship; Science Fair WINNER; Edison Festival of Light WINNER for Science Fair; A/B Honor Roll ALL Year; Science Expo Award; and Music Award! Whew!!! Boy is that a lot to be proud of...he did work very hard this year, and it truly shows.

I don't even know what else to say except Justin and I have been blessed with 3 AMAZING children. This is all so very bittersweet...kids growing up and starting new chapters in their lives...but I am truly counting my blessings today.

Other than that, we surprised Anthony with a trip last weekend to Islands of Adventure for his birthday, as well as graduation gift. It was just Justin, myself, Anthony and Scott, and we had a great time. I made a poem for him, as well as some clues of where we were going to see if he could figure it out on the car ride there. Eventually he got it, but he had no clue. Just thought we were going shopping! I will post that in another blog post, but first, I had to brag!

I hope you are all doing well! This is a busy month with lots more celebrating to do! We love you all, and thank you for every one's kind words and support to the kids this week! They keep grinning from ear to ear each time they get a new message from any of you. Sending lots of love from our family to yours!!! XoXoXoXoXo


On the way to Anthony's awards!

Anthony waiting for an award!




Anthony and Uncle Scott

Anthony and Aunt Sarah

Madison's award ceremony




Anthony with all of his awards

So proud of him!

Of course one kid had to not be cooperative!

My beautiful angel face before her awards!

Such a great award for only being in Kindergarten!


Mommy and Maddie

Daddy and his baby girl

No comments:

Post a Comment